Software License is below
STORY SOFTWARE LTD
UK Company No: 08086620
Story Software Company Directors
Trademarks and Copyright
Story Software, Story Lite, Story Turbo, www.storysoftware.co, www.storylite.com, www.storyturbo.com and all contents are © copyright Geoff Davis 2010 – 2013.
All related product brand names on this site are registered trademarks. All images and text are © copyright Geoff Davis 2013 unless they have been sourced from another company, in which case they retain full copyright. For some image licenses see bottom of main document. Our trademarks and copyright are protected (names and graphic logos). See rest of this page for our lawyers and legal details.
(2) Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
(a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website) including videos, unless accredited;
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
(c) show any material from the website in public;
(d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
(e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
(f) redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution [(such as our newsletter)].
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
(3) Acceptable use
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
(4) Restricted access
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential.
We may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
(5) User generated content (Article Directory, or other submitted content)
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
(6) Limited warranties
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
(7) Limitations of liability
(a) to the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature;
(b) we will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage;
(c) we will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information;
(d) we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control;
(e) our maximum liability in relation to any event or series of related events will be limited to zero.
(13) Exclusion of third party rights
(14) Entire agreement
(15) Law and jurisdiction
(16) Our details
This project, the website and software and all related materials, are owned by Geoff Davis, and is operating as a sole trader 2010 – 2013.
Please use Contact page for more details.
Start Date: 10/Feb/2009
Main legal information ends.
Image license for the photos of people with Story Software logos in some of the advertising material:
“Digital image content 1997-2007 Hemera Technologies Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Jupiter Images Corporation. All Rights Reserved”.
This is the license for the commercial version Story Turbo in Mac and Windows versions.
License for Story Turbo Software v2.0
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
Please read this software license agreement carefully before downloading or using the software.
By clicking on the “accept” button, opening the package, downloading the product, or using the equipment that contains this product, you are consenting to be bound by this License agreement.
If you do not agree to all of the terms of this agreement, click the “do not accept” button and the installation process will not continue, return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund, or do not download the product.
Short Description This is the Single User license for Story Turbo Software.
Single User License Grant: Story Software (ownership is listed elsewhere) grant to the Customer a nonexclusive and nontransferable license to use the Story Turbo software and its manual and any and all other accompanying material and documentation solely on one computer, or computing system however defined, owned or leased by Customer.
Conditions: 1. Story Turbo Software may be installed and used by the Licensee for any legal purpose. 2. Story Turbo Software may be installed and used by the Licensee on only one computer system.
3. Multiple copies must have multiple licenses.
4. Multiple Users License or Network installation is not allowed by this license and requires explicit Permission from the License Holder. This License is specifically for use on a single computing system.
5. Multiple Users License: There is a different License for Multiple Users. Large scale multiple licenses for Government, Business or Education can be arranged on a case by case basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Story Turbo Software may not be distributed by any means whatsoever without the owner’s express permission.
7. The Licensee will not have any proprietary rights in and to Story Turbo Software, and may not sell or gain privileges from any further use of Story Turbo Software.
8. The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Licensor retains all copyrights and trademarks in all geographical areas and other proprietary rights in and to the Story Turbo Software.
9. Story Turbo Software may not be reverse engineered or decompiled, modified or adapted in any way.
10. Use within and after the scope of this License is free of charge and no royalties or extra licensing fees shall be paid by the Licensee.
11. The creator of Story Turbo Software is not liable for any damages, of any sort, that may result from any use of this product, whether intentional or inadvertent.
12. You may not:
Install or use Story Turbo Software in more than one computer system.
Use Story Turbo Software on many computers by sharing all or partial Software.
Decompile or in any way open Story Turbo Software and use it in different computers or embody it into other software systems.
Delete the copyright notices on any copy of Story Turbo Software.
Disclose, transfer, provide, rent or otherwise make available in any form, Software, or any portion thereof, to a third party without the prior consent of the License Holder.
Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble Story Turbo Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
Licensee may not (a) reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, or create derivative works from the software; (b) provide third parties with access to the software under a service bureau, time sharing, or other arrangement; or (c) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive or access any of the software source code and/or human readable embodiment.
Licensee may make one (1) copy of each of the software (or installer) for backup or archival purposes and not for production use.
In making copies of the software, Licensee may not remove any copyright or other proprietary rights notices contained in or placed upon the software by Story Software. Each individual installation requires a unique serial number and/or authorization code which remains the property of, and is produced and controlled by, the License Holder.
14. Story Turbo Software remains property of the License Holder:
All rights not specifically granted under this License are reserved by the License Holder. All title and intellectual property rights in and to Story Turbo Software, the accompanying printed or online materials, and any copies of Story Turbo Software, including all rights in patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets applicable thereto, shall remain vested in the License Holder.
15. Backups: Customer may make one (1) archival copy of the Software provided Customer affixes to such copy all copyright, confidentiality, and proprietary notices that appear on the original.
16. Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights, the License Holder may terminate your right to use Story Turbo Software under this License if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this License. Upon termination, you shall immediately stop using Story Turbo Software, remove all copies of Story Turbo Software and any related information from any electronic equipment under your control, and return to the License Holder the any material you have copied thereof within one month.
17. Termination Certificate: Within one month after the termination of this Agreement, you shall furnish to the License Holder a certificate certifying that through your best efforts, and to the best of your knowledge, the original and all copies, in whole or in part, in any form, of Story Turbo Software have been destroyed.
18. Maintenance: the License Holder shall not be responsible for maintenance or field service of Story Turbo Software under this License.
19. All rights are reserved. 20. License Holder: All materials, software, website and all example templates are Copyright Geoff Davis 2011 and onwards, as the owner of Story Software, Story Turbo, Story Lite, Story Live and all associated and derivative products.
21. COMMUNICATION and NOTICES
For queries, requests and general communication please use the Contact form on the Story Turbo Software website.
Email address for initial communication is email@example.com
All other notices in connection with this License shall be in writing and shall be given by certified mail, return receipt requested, at the following address: Story Software (Story Turbo), McNeely, Hare & War, LLP, 5335 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Suite 440, Washington, DC 20015, USA.
22. Please see Legal Terms and Conditions on http://www.storyturbo.com
This version of license 1 December 2011 and thereafter.